DIY Peppermint Lip Balm is a fun, festive and inexpensive holiday gift idea!
With the holidays officially here tis the season for gift giving! With Thanksgiving only a day or two away it’s that time of year to start thinking of gifts. I love buying gifts for friends and family but as we all know that can get really expensive. My daughter is always insistent on buying Christmas gifts for her friends. I love the idea but I honestly just don’t have the extra cash during the holidays.
If you love making homemade gifts these DIY Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm are no exception. They are easy to make and you can customize the recipe and ingredients to how many you want and even switch up the flavors! My daughter LOVES lip balm and I almost feel like I should buy stock in Chapstick products. On any given day, you can find multiple lip balms laying around the house or in my purse and coat pockets. Making my own to use and give as gifts saves money and I love trying new flavors.
Because it’s the holidays we made peppermint flavor. I love essential oils and they are the perfect addition to homemade lip balms. You can purchase essential oils almost everywhere now-a-days but make sure they are 100% pure. I prefer Young Living essential oils buy you can also find pure oils on Amazon if need be. Just make sure you read the ingredients and reviews.
DIY Peppermint Lip Balm
- 1 tbsp. beeswax pellets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp. Shea butter
- 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 empty lip balm tubes
- Popsicle sticks
- Wrap the rubberband around the 5 empty lip balm tubes and set aside.
- Place the 1 tablespoon of beeswax pellets in a microwave safe glass measuring cup.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring with a popsicle stick until melted.
- Once the beeswax pellets have melted, add in the Shea butter and coconut oil.
- Microwave again in 30 second increments until melted.
- Once completely melted, add the 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Carefully pour the mixture (it will be HOT) into each empty lip balm tube.
- Fill the tubes all the way to the top because once the mixture cools and hardens it will sink a little bit.
- Repeat with all the lip balm tubes.