These Fall Tree Cupcakes are as easy to make as they are to eat! Fall has sprung here in Northern Michigan. I can tell by the ginormous amount of rainy days we’ve had since the end of September. It rains at least 3-4 days a week. The days the sun does make an appearance I…
Happy Thanksgiving friends! It’s officially turkey day, can you believe it?! My kids are off on holiday break and we have 5 full days together. Let me break that down for you, I work from home. I love my children dearly but I also need to get work done if we want our bills paid. It’s an interesting combo working from home while trying to entertain the kids! Thankfully my kiddos are older, my youngest is 7 and for the most part they do entertain themselves pretty well.
With Christmas a month away life only gets more hectic during the holiday season. I have a few holiday parties to attend and plan on making these cookies are a cookie exchange coming up. I’ll be able to make them a day or 2 a head of time and they’ll keep really well until party time. If you want to save even more time, make the dough a head of time and freeze the cookie dough balls. When you want to bake the cookies, simply take the cookie dough out of the freezer, let thaw and then bake like you normally would! You really can’t go wrong.
- 3/4 C. salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 C. flour
- 1/3 C. green & red mini M&M baking bits
- 1/3 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Silpat baking mat
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with the silpat baking mat (these are fantastic and I swear by them).
- Cream together the softened butter, egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Slowly fold in the flour and baking soda continuing to mix.
- Add in the green and red M&M’s baking bits and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Take a 2″ chunk of cookie dough and gently roll into a ball and place 2″ a part on the baking sheet.
- Press several extra red and green M&M’s and chocolate chips into the cookie dough
- Bake 10-12 minutes.