These Fall Tree Cupcakes are as easy to make as they are to eat! Fall has sprung here in Northern Michigan. I can tell by the ginormous amount of rainy days we’ve had since the end of September. It rains at least 3-4 days a week. The days the sun does make an appearance I…
Low Carb Keto Pizza Chicken is great for lunch or dinner!
If you are following a low carb lifestyle it can be hard to sometimes find new and exciting meal ideas. I know we sometimes fall into a rut and I find myself making the same dished repeatedly every every. We love variety but I’m definitely a creature of habit. I love boneless skinless chicken breasts and how versatile they are. I’m used to seasoning them and baking but after a while I am chickened out and so are my husband and kids. It’s then, I turn to Pinterest for some new and more creative meal ideas.
We grab the kids a pizza at least once a week on the way home from hockey practice and I often pick the toppings off and then have a large Greek salad with chicken. The pizza toppings are totally low carb and taste great
If you’re new to the Keto lifetsyle, it’s mainly lean proteins such as chicken and beef and also high in fat. Almost all vegetables are ok to eat and some fruit such as berries. This Pizza Chicken uses lean boneless skinless chicken breasts, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. All the ingredients are Keto friendly and low carb. It’s a great way to get creative with the boneless chicken breasts you already have in the fridge.
Low Carb Keto Friendly Pizza Chicken
- 3-4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully filet each boneless skinless chicken breast and salt & pepper each one.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce on each filleted chicken breast.
- Top with a small handful of shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Gently fold the chicken breast over and toothpick so it stays closed.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add each chicken breast and brown 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and top with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a salad on the side.