These Fall Tree Cupcakes are as easy to make as they are to eat! Fall has sprung here in Northern Michigan. I can tell by the ginormous amount of rainy days we’ve had since the end of September. It rains at least 3-4 days a week. The days the sun does make an appearance I…
These Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Pops are perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day!
Memorial Day has come and gone but it’s already June and school will be out next week here in northern Michigan. How is it summer already?! I feel like this school year flew by. Our oldest just finished 4th grade and the youngest finished 3rd grade. I swear that it seems like it was yesterday that they were all in preschool!
Like most kids, mine are excited for summer break. And, it seems like the older they get the busier we get during the summer months! Between day camps, me working from home full time, hockey camps and lacrosse we are go go go.
July 4th is a huge deal where we are from and most of the towns in our area celebrate with parades, kids activities and more. I personally love the 4th of July because my birthday is July 3rd. We usually celebrate by going out on our boat and hanging out with friends.
I love creating fun snacks for the kids and they love Rice Krispie Treats. This year I decided to put a fun spin on store bought treats using white candy melts and patriotic sprinkles. They were so easy to make and the kids loved them.
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Pops
- (2) 8 ct boxes of Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 Popsicle sticks OR lollipop sticks
- 12 oz Wilton Bright White candy melts
- Patriotic red, white and blue sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Open each Rice Krispie Treat and discard the wrappers.
- Insert one popsicle or lollipop stick into the base of each treat and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the treats have popsicle or lollipop stick, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once the Rice Krispie Treats have firmed up pour the candy melts into a microwave safe dish.
Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Dip each Rice Krispie Treat into the melted chocolate coating about 3/4 of the way. Use a spoon if needed and then allow the excess melted chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the treat on the baking sheet and add Patriotic red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Repeat with all treats.
*Makes 16 Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Pops
Serving Size: 1 treat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 17mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 21g Protein: 0g